Analytics & Cognitive - Analyst/Consultant
Who are we?
Our Analytics & Cognitive practice provides strategic guidance and implementation services to help companies manage data from disparate sources and convert it into accurate, actionable information that can support analytics-driven decision-making and drive competitive advantage. We address the continuum of opportunities in business intelligence, data management, technology, and next-generation analytics and technologies, including big data, cloud, machine learning and AI platforms.
We are looking to strengthen our market-leading team with an Analyst/Consultant. Under the direction of a manager or project lead, you will help with and be responsible for creating technology solutions to meet clients’ business needs. You will be shaping and executing analyses and delivering operationalized analytic insights. Through working in consulting, you will gain exposure to multiple industries and have the opportunity to continuously learn as you take on exciting, new projects. You can also choose to specialise and contribute to the development of Deloitte service offerings.
- You will be responsible for analytics solution design and development, translating business requirements into solid solutions.
- Your activities range from business requirements analysis to architecture design (limited), development, and testing.
- You will participate in assessments of existing analytics implementations and give advice on structural improvements in areas of performance: usability, architecture, processes and organization.
- You will assess, map and translate complex business processes and requirements into a structured analytics use case.
- You will build analytics solutions using variety of analytics and visualization tools as required by the client, and create robust documentation of solutions and underlying design decisions and operating procedures.
Who are you?
- A degree/higher qualification and/or practical experience (1-2 years) in the field of Computer Science, Mathematics, Business, AI, or similar field(s).
- A solid technical grounding in cloud technology, databases, and SQL, Python, R, SAS, or other programming languages.
- A solid understanding in data mining, data modelling, data integration, and database and data warehouse design.
- Basic knowledge of or exposure to machine learning, data visualisation, and artificial intelligence techniques (clustering, regression, classification, etc.).
- Ideally, exposure to project management principles
- A client-service mind-set and a desire to take on tough and challenging projects.
- Strong business & economical skills that allow you to swiftly integrate in and understand different business environments.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present data insights creatively and in a way that is easy to understand and appealing to different levels of an organization.
- A flexible working style. As the role involves a lot of client-service work, the scope and variety of work will vary depending on the current portfolio of projects.
- The ability to work effectively independently with minimal oversight but also to be a good team player and contribute positively to a team environment.
- The ability and motivation to work remotely and independently when supporting clients.
- A positive and pro-active attitude, with a willingness to learn.
- A passion for data and technology along with the ambition and drive to excel in the field.
How will you grow?
- You will work in a challenging and innovative environment where personal development and growth are encouraged.
- You will continuously grow by providing different types of Analytics and Cognitive services to our clients. You will learn new tools and methodologies, allowing you to become an expert in some areas and diversify your experience in others.
- You will grow your industry and business specific knowledge in order to maximize the impact our consulting work will have on our clients.
- Your proficiency and skill level will grow through consistently providing exceptional services to our clients, growing the developing our offerings and growing our Deloitte brand. This by focusing on key areas like: solving problems, developing others and self, building relationships, adapting communication styles, managing change & ambiguity, developing business, managing quality and risk and managing results.
Deloitte offers Global professional services that include Audit, Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in Malta and globally. In pursing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates with.
We are led by a Purpose, "To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society". This Purpose defines who we are and what we stand for. It's not about being the biggest. It's about being the first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements.
Our Talent Experience
From day one at our firm, practitioners are part of a community. Our development and career progression framework will help them develop the skills and capabilities to succeed. The wellness of our people and the ability to offer agile working arrangements is at the centre of our unique Talent Experience. We create a workplace that encourages collaboration, creativity, inclusiveness to ensure our staff are supported, encouraged and feel a sense of purpose and meaning in what they do each day.Apply now