Web Usability Evaluation
Good User Experience (UX) is not an event, it is a journey. When it comes to improving customer experiences, there can be no half-hearted attempts. Embracing UX is not a one-time event and therefore, should be a fluid and most importantly continuous part of every business’s long-term online strategy.
Companies must embrace UX improvements, not only because of competition but because it helps with business. In addition to this, back in 2019 the European Accessibility Act was put into motion to ensure discrimination against disadvantaged groups is avoided. Research from Forrester clearly indicates that, on average, every dollar invested in UX brings in $100 in return. That’s an ROI of 9,900%.
Conducting a web usability evaluation is a decisive step in taking your site to the next level in terms of reaching your target audience and outdoing your competition. We have all experienced websites where you weren’t able to find what you are looking for and the layout made no sense. Chances are that every time you came across a site like that, you decided to move on to the next option on your search engine’s results page.
The aim of UX designers is to improve people’s satisfaction with a website, mobile application, or any other software.
Why do you need a Usability Evaluation?
- Your website is a few years old;
- Web insights indicate that website traffic has declined;
- The site was never or is not regularly tested by a UX expert;
- Your organisation does not have a professional UX designer;
- A new website is not performing as expected, e.g., user signups are suspiciously low;
- The web pages rank well but conversions are poor or stagnant;
- Strategically your organisation decided to move more towards online channels;
- It’s time to update the information hierarchy or the user flows;
- SEO and digital marketing professionals require an audit to support their marketing strategies.
How can Deloitte Digital help?
Through our usability audits and other methods, we can help in creating and aligning your business with website or mobile visitors. Depending on the type, audit goals, requirements and limitations, a usability evaluation process may include a number of components and methods such as:
- Review of business and user objectives including 5-seconds testing
- Personas building
- Heat maps and scroll maps analysis
- A/B testing
- Form and search log analysis
- Click tests, links and navigation testing
- Performance testing
What will the outcomes of such an evaluation be?
Our usability evaluation will help identify and raise any major issues with your user journeys and digital experience. We analyse your solution against a rigorous list criteria which will allow us to advise you on any changes that need to be carried out or if further user testing is required. Some of the items that will be tackled include initial impressions, website structure, components prioritisation, user flows, font legibility, colour contrasts, content readability and mobile responsiveness. Our recommendations report, prepared by our digital specialists, will also be working closely with your team and your developers to ensure best practices are applied.
Interested in performing a usability evaluation on your site?
Deloitte Digital has developed its own Usability Testing methodology based on industry best practices and years of experience in the field. Using our methodology, our team will ensure that your brand experience is elevated and your investment in your customer facing channels is maximised.