Lead Developer (Azure Cloud Specialist)
If you are looking for a career where people and technology help move business forward, you’re looking for Deloitte Digital.
Now, more than ever, businesses are embracing change and looking to technology to enable their transformation. If you want to work with leading thinkers, tackle some of the biggest challenges, and have the most impact you want to be here.
Your future team
Our Deloitte Digital teams, composed of a balanced mix of business professionals and technology experts help anticipate change, unlock the full potential of technology, extract strategic insights from data, and create new value for our clients through digital technologies. You will have the opportunity to share ideas and collaborate on projects that make the most of disruptive technologies such as Augmented Reality, Robotic Process Automation, Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence.
Your next challenge
In this role, you will join a dynamic team that is mainly responsible for setting up the architecture of complex cloud solutions and leveraging the cloud in order to revolutionize organisations.
- Participating in client workshops to understand business and technical requirements for various technology projects
- Help in the design and architecture of complex solutions whilst determining project scope and estimating work involved
- Takes lead in the design of integrated solutions using Azure and any necessary 3rd party tools
- Keeps up to date with the platform and has a deep knowledge of relevant cloud computing patterns and best-practices
- Share best-practice and knowledge amongst the organisation and keeps up to date with the current market
- Ensures that the developed applications comply with the related industry standards
- Keeps well-informed of industry developments and foretell the future course of cloud application services to modernize businesses.
- Determines the need of resources on the various projects and allocate the necessary resources as required.
- Will be a reference point in the organization for the management and will assist in decision making activities.
- Be able to work in teams and with remote colleagues in order to assist the team in the various day to day tasks.
Your skills and competencies
You will preferably be in possession of a first degree in IT from a recognised university or equivalent certifications and with previous experience in the software development field. A self-starter by nature, you must have excellent communication skills and be able to work independently as well as in a team.
Ideally, you are knowledgeable in one or more of the following areas:
- 4+ years as a developer
- 2+ years of experience in designing and building enterprise solutions leveraging Azure technologies
- Strong knowledge of the various Azure components and cloud computing flavours (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS)
- Strong knowledge of Messaging platforms and in-Memory Cache systems
- Understanding of microservice architectures
- Knowledge of network segmentation, high availability, disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Azure cloud certifications (AZ-303 or AZ-304)
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte Digital, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From junior employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. Deloitte Digital is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realise your full potential.Apply now